5 Tips For Making Your Wigs Look Natural
To achieve a natural look, you don't need an expensive wig. Don't waste your money on an expensive wig that you think would be the ideal fit for you. Instead, you should abide by your spending limits and personal preferences. In order to maximize your budget, you will need to adopt some strategies. Go through the following tips to make your wigs natural.
A wig is an ideal tool to accentuate one’s beauty. But some people might find it hard to look natural while wearing wigs. For this reason, sometimes they fail to retain their originality after wearing wigs. This brings us to the question—how to look natural while wearing a wig? Keep reading and learn about the 5 Best Tips For Making Your Wigs Look Natural. Happy reading!
1. Buy a wig that fits your head
You would be considerably less inclined to wear a wig if you're concerned that it will slip or be overly tight, giving you a headache. For this reason, you must take precise head measurements before buying a wig. Despite the fact that some wigs have adjustable straps, most of them come in various sizes. Therefore, you must be aware of your head's exact dimensions if you want to achieve a natural appearance. You can use the following procedures to properly measure your head
- Start measuring your head from your hairline.
- Measure from ear to ear over the top of your head.
- Measure across the nape of the neck at the base of your hairline
- You should measure the circumference and wrap the tape from the forehead.
- Wrap the tape around the nape of the neck and behind the ears.
Also, if you adore a particular style but are unsure of whether it comes in your size you can always check the ‘Detail’ option, which is appeared on every wig product page on any website. You can check the current wig sizes and colors for your favorite wig using the thorough product information on this tab
Your wig won't ever seem natural if you can't align it with a natural hairline. For this reason, lining up the wig is crucial. Read the following instructions for information on how to put on a wig for the first time. To achieve the most natural-looking result, it could take a bit longer to put on.
1. Place your wig slightly above your eyebrows on your forehead.
2. Slide the wig over your head until you could feel it touch the nape of your neck.
3. After that, steadily advance the wig until it touches your actual hairline.
Do you know how to make your wig look natural from the front? You need to pluck the extra baby hair from the hairline. If you are unable to style your baby hairs and simply cannot have them, you have to think about removing them. Waxing is one alternative here. However, it can be challenging to achieve a good result that lasts when you're working with hair on your forehead and the nape of the neck.
Laser hair removal, however, will only partially remove your baby hair. They might be replaced with shorter, shinier, and finer newborn hairs that emerge later. Dark hair and light skin are the ideal combinations for laser hair removal.
Additionally, you can remove your newborn hair using a pair of tweezers. However, you must be careful because overdoing it risked leaving a bald area on your wig. Getting rid of these baby hairs will give you a more natural appearance.
You must cut the lace of the wig before wearing it on your head so that it perfectly fits your face. It should be noted that extra lace found in lace wigs can be used to hide the wearer's forehead. Therefore, the surplus lace must be clipped before fastening the wig to get a natural look.
Though cutting lace is not a hard task, it is important to use some good tools. Let’s find out which type of tools you will require to cut the lace.
- Scissors or razors: If you want to cut the lace with perfect measurements, you need to use a sharp pair of scissors. However, some people prefer to use razors. But remember one thing, whatever you use must be very sharp to prevent tears.
- Clips: You can use some large hair clips for pulling back the hair from your face before cutting.
- Usage of rattail comb: A rattail comb refers to a comb that has a narrow and pointed handle used in styling your hair. For ensuring accurate cuts of the lace, a rattail comb plays an important role.
You must frequently maintain your wig if you want to acquire a natural appearance. It is not a solution to purchase a wig and neglect to maintain it. So, take care of the wig just as you would your own hair. When necessary, use shampoo and conditioner to clean the wig. Just have a look at the steps below to properly maintain your wig.
- Use special shampoo, conditioner, and comb: You should be aware that there are specialized cleaning products available when purchasing wigs because standard shampoo and conditioners include numerous chemicals that could harm the texture of the wig's hair. Also, the washing process of your hair and wig is totally different. In order to wash your wig, you need to soak it in shampoo and water. Then with your wig comb, remove the shampoo or conditioner from the wig. Then rinse the wig with warm water until the product is all out. Finally, comb the wig until it is untangled, and let it dry by itself.
- Don’t use sprays too much: If you use any kind of spray in your wig, it will get tangled, oily, and difficult to maintain. Even though certain sprays are fine, overusing them might seriously harm your wig.
Prevent heat: When you are styling your wig, know that heat can really damage it! Especially if your wig is a synthetic one, so be careful not to use too much of it. Remember to read the instructions that came with your wig, so you can find out how much, if any heat, you can use.
Remember the fact that, overheating can seriously harm your wig. So you have to be careful while styling your wig. In this instance, you must read the heating instructions that are attached to your wig.
- Keep your own hair clean: Always keep your own hair conditioned and clean! Your hair should not be dry, unmanageable, or unclean just because you are wearing a wig. Always braid or pull your hair back when wearing a wig so that it doesn't show. You can put on a cap to keep your hair tidy.
Hopefully, the above tips will help the reader to stay cool, cute, and calm during the hot weather. Read this blog post carefully before buying your own hairpiece.